Monday, July 9, 2012

8 weeks & 4 days

Hello everyone. I am doing a whole lot better since the last time I blogged. After doing much praying and getting another x-ray taken I didn't have to have a surgery as I was told last time I blogged. The doctor stated that the bone seemed to have incorporated in place as it should. The doctor also removed the fixator from my foot maybe at week 6. The fixator started going into my skin resulting maybe from a bump of it or something. I am still trying to heal the area were the first fixator pin dug into my skin. It was very bad. It has indeed come a long way but still not exactly where it should be. I am changing my bandage myself(under doctor's orders) and caring for the wound everyday instead of waiting to go to the doctor every week. I still have a brachy pin(which can't get wet by water) in my toe that I hope will be taken out during my next doctor's appointment which is Monday of next week. He scheduled this appointment 2 weeks apart from my last which is a sign of progress in my opinion. I am usually scheduled to go every 5 days or so. The last xray looked very good and he gave me the ok to bear weight on my heel with the assistance of my boot. I am not feeling pain at all except it feels very weird where the brachy pin is. I've been walking with 1 crutch and the boot. Last night I walked around the house a little with 1 crutch and my bare foot(heel of course). I recently came back to work a week ago to be exact with sitting duties only. It hasn't been bad at all. Actually feel great to be out of the house again in the real world:). I also took part as bridesmaid in my sister's wedding a week or so ago. It went well and everyone was very helpful and accommodating to me. My toe length is still "normal", it just looks very weird because it is still healing. The area of my foot where the fixator was is very dark in complexion compared to the rest of my foot. Hopefully it will lighten back up eventually. When I get the wound completely healed I will try products to help me get it back as close to normal as possible. I recently got a great foot scrubbing while avoiding the pin and the wounded area of my foot and got rid of so much dead skin. My foot looks like an entirely new foot. I plan to add pictures to my blog soon so please be patient. I was going though a little uncertainty so please forgive me for my break in keeping you posted on what's been going on with me.
The fixator dug into my skin creating a very bad wound.. He removed it when it got to this point!!
My foot after the fixator was removed. It's still swollen & looks weird but I have length & the wound is healing better now that the fixator is gone!
My wrapped up foot after the fixator was removed
X-ray

8 comments:

  1. Hey Brachychik! I'm so glad everything is working out for you!!! You'll feel even better once the pin is out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your toe is at the perfect length!!! Congrats Brachychik I'm so happy for you!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes the toe is in great shape, I just have to work on getting the actual foot back up to par:)... I'll take the good with the bad though!! P.S. & you were right! Feels great to be relieved of that pin!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy that things are better for you! Looking forward to your pics! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked at your pics and your toe looks awesome! Congratulations! Hopefully your foot is healing up well . My foot did not like the fixator and felt and looked better as soon as it was removed, so I bet yours will too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. It is healing up quite well. That wound gets better each day. Just wanted people to see that it may not necessarily be pretty right off. By the next time I post a pic hopefully it will be gone!!:)

    ReplyDelete